Wedding licenses must certanly be required in individual.
- A wedding permit must certanly be bought prior to getting married and is employed within 6 months or it shall expire.
- A permit bought in Minnesota is legitimate just in Minnesota and should not be applied in every other state.
- Candidates must certanly be 18 years old to acquire a permit (without parental permission). Expect you’ll present identification that is valid.
- Both events needs to be current to try to get a wedding permit. If an individual celebration can’t be current, they need to supply a notarized supplemental marriage license Application (PDF) and a finished, notarized Marriage License Application.
- Each applicant must make provision for: complete name that is legal target, date and place of delivery, phone figures and social safety figures (if they have one).
- Each applicant must make provision for after-marriage name(s) and address.
Cost: $115Reduced price (you might be qualified after doing 12 hours of premarital guidance): $40
Evidence of premarital guidance is needed at time of application. Should you not have the mandatory form, down load and complete statements below ahead of using. Statements must certanly be on counselor or church letterhead, finalized by the individual doing the counseling and notarized.
Make an application for a wedding permit Make an application for a married relationship permit
Finish the steps that are following request a wedding permit inside our workplace.
- Down load and complete wedding permit Application (PDF), or select an application up at the office.
- Sign the application form at the workplace screen (signature must certanly be witnessed).
- Offer evidence of guidance, if applying for reduced charge.
- If divorced or widowed, give you the date and put of former marriage(s).
- Offer recognition, such as for instance driver’s license, state-issued recognition card or passport.
- Spend money, check or cash purchase payable to Ramsey County. We currently accept credit or debit cards.
Saint Paul – Ramsey County Public Wellness Center555 Cedar Street, Saint Paul MN 55101
Please arrive 1/2 hour just before shutting to make sure solutions. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Thursday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Permit by mail
You will be expected to deliver the target for which you would really like the permit delivered in the event that you choose optional mailing.
Civil marriages Civil marriages
If you should be thinking about a civil wedding service, you have to contact a judge who are able to perform a marriage ceremony. Minnesota won’t have any Justices for the Peace. Referees cannot perform marriages and never all judges want to perform marriages.
Minor wedding (under 18 several years of age) Minor wedding (under 18 years old)
If you’re under 18 years and interested in engaged and getting married, you need to phone 651-266-5115 for more info.
Legal name modification Legal title modification
Included in wedding
You must state that fact on the marriage license application if you are changing your name as part of the marriage license process. If you’ve been convicted of the felony on yourrussianbride or after August 1, 2000, there clearly was a procedure that is 30-day should be followed prior to the wedding permit may be given because of the title modification.
The other applicant must provide a notarized Supplemental Marriage License Application (PDF) if the person changing their name is not present at the time of application.
Outside of wedding
Appropriate title modifications (except that those done through marriage) are managed by the District Court regarding the county you in your geographical area.
Ramsey county residents call the Civil Court 651-266-8253 or instructions that are download kinds through the Ramsey District Court site.