The following scholarship and grant possibilities can be found to senior high school and college students taking part in music training and music performance. These are generally supplied right here when it comes to ease of Tri-M Honor community and NAfME Collegiate people. To learn more about these scholarships, please look at the sites referenced. Understand of the scholarship or possibility that ought to be put into this list? Email email@example.com.
Click a category below to see the scholarships:
Scholarships for Highschool Juniors
“The President’s Own” United States aquatic Band, with the aquatic Corps Heritage Foundation and NAfME, announces the Marine Band Concerto Competition for twelfth grade artists.
- The champion shall appear as a visitor soloist because of the U.S. aquatic Band and be given a money reward. Available to twelfth grade artists (grades 9–12) enrolled through the 2017–2018 year that is academic. Performers of woodwind, metal, or percussion instruments may use.
- Deadline: 15 november
This yearly spring occasion offers pupils the opportunity to audition for a couple of college/university music programs from around the world. It is possible to audition for as much associated with the participating schools while you like. You’ll additionally find out about each one of the represented programs.
This scholarship offers prize cash to pupils who compose an essay of 250 terms or less for a music theme. The twentieth essay that is annual will commence September 1, 2019.
- Chosen pupils winnings a $1,000 scholarship and music items for his or her college music system.
- Public and school that is private in grades 4–12 meet the criteria.
- Deadline: 31 december
The Davidson Fellowship is ready to accept pupils who is able to show noteworthy achievements through the creation of the “significant piece of content” directed at enhancing the everyday lives of other people in a number of subject matter, including music. A “significant piece of content” in music is a performance that is exemplary another demonstration of extraordinary success.
- Honors are given into the quantity of $50,000, $25,000, and $10,000.
- Applicants needs to be underneath the chronilogical age of 18 to qualify for this prize.
- Deadline: 13 february
Every year, outstanding musicians that are young disabilities, many years 14-25, are identified by the VSA International younger Soloists Competition. The Kennedy Center selects as much as four winners from around the entire world. Candidates can put on being an instrumental or vocal soloist, or as ensembles. Your competitors is ready to accept all genres. Chosen performers winnings a $2,500 reward, expert development tasks, while the chance to perform in the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
Any musician having a disability is entitled to apply as either a domestic applicant or an applicant that is international. Your competition is available to soloists as well as ensembles as high as five people. For ensembles to qualify, one or more musician should have a impairment, and all sorts of people should be involving the many years of 14-25.
All genres of music are accepted, including although not restricted to classical, jazz, hip-hop, rap, rock/alt stone, pop music, indie, bluegrass, people, nation, R&B/blues, Latin, and World
Deadline: March 29, 2019
Application information can be bought in the VSA site.
These scholarships can be found to people in the Tri-M® musical Honor Society, a scheduled system of NAfME. The scholarship system provides scholarship cash for summer time research programs to chapters that win certainly one of three recognitions at the nationwide degree in each unit: senior (senior high school) and junior (middle college). Scholarship cash is granted because of the advisors regarding the winning chapters to students that are deserving.
- Start and then people of the Tri-M musical Honor Society.
- Winners have actually the opportunity to win as much as $1,000 in scholarship funds for summer music study.
- Deadline: Might 3
The Musical Theater Songwriting Challenge can be an effort associated with the National Endowment for the Arts partnering because of the United states Theatre Wing plus in collaboration with Playbill, Inc. and Disney Theatrical Productions. The Songwriting Challenge is really a nationwide competition for senior high school pupils who possess a passion for composing tracks that may be element of a musical movie theater manufacturing. This system provides six semi-finalists mentorship opportunities with professional songwriters and performers as well as the possibility to have a song that is original by those artists.
The nationwide Champion is going to be granted a scholarship of $25,000 and all sorts of six finalists could have their track posted by Samuel French. The application form portal starts in October and must certanly be submitted by April 30. Six local semi-finalists may be established in February together with competition that is national the six local semi-finalists will likely be held in April in new york.
Southern California senior school pupils of most ability amounts ought to apply 100% free. A great deal more when compared to a competition, Spotlight is a scholarship and arts training curriculum, which empowers pupils by emphasizing planning, courage, critical reasoning and perseverance while supplying a great window of opportunity for pupils to hone their abilities! $100,000 in money scholarships are granted each 12 months to pupils. Individualized feedback, master classes with internationally renowned designers, performing arts workshops and much more!
- Deadline: 14 october
- Each category is restricted to 400 candidates
Community Service/Extracurricular Strategies Oriented-Scholarships
Have you been a senior school music pupil? Do you wish to figure out how to travel? ensure you Get your music manager to nominate you for the FMA Solo Scholarship. In cooperation with FMA’s business members and sponsors nationwide, this system will fund scholarships to juniors or seniors in senior high school who’ve been selected by their music manager.
The Tribute Award Scholarship Program is ready to accept senior school juniors that have actually at least 2.75 GPA and intend on attending a certified official official certification, licensing or training course or organization of advanced schooling. In addition, the prospect must show success in most associated with the four following areas: unique talents, leadership, community solution, and hurdles overcome.
- Scholarships of $25,000 can be www.123helpme.biz/ found.
- Due dates: The Sweepstakes starts on February 2, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. ET, stops on January 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”), and is made from twelve (12) month-to-month entry durations.
Sponsored together with the nationwide Association of Secondary class Principals, these honors honor people that are young grades 5 through 12 who possess volunteered within their communities. This award program may be the country’s volunteer recognition program that is largest for teenagers.
Pupils preparing travel that is educational but requiring monetary help can put on for the “Road” Scholarship provided by the SYTA Youth Foundation, Inc. (SYF). The SYF provides scholarships 3 times per year. Music directors, instructors, principals, along with other youth leaders can submit nominations.
- Pupils 25 and under who will be taking part in pupil team travel qualify.
- Honors as much as $1,000 can be obtained.
- Deadlines: March 15, 15 november
Scholarships for Senior High School Seniors
“The President’s Own” United States aquatic Band, with the aquatic Corps Heritage Foundation and NAfME, announces the aquatic Band Concerto Competition for senior high school performers.
- The champion shall appear as a visitor soloist aided by the U.S. aquatic Band and get a money prize. available to senior school artists (grades 9–12) enrolled throughout the 2017–2018 educational year. Performers of woodwind, metal, or percussion instruments may apply.
- Deadline: November 15
The scholarship competition is available to school that is high from Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana whom want to pursue levels in music (traditional, jazz, or any other) at a certified four-year university with a music system acquiesced by the nationwide Association of Schools of musical, or a conservatory with a more popular nationwide profile like the Juilliard class, Curtis Institute of Music, or perhaps the brand New England Conservatory.
- First award is $20,000; 2nd reward is $12,500; and 3rd reward is $7,500.
- Within the application procedure, pupils have to submit an audition video clip. Semi-finalists would be invited to do in a daylong celebration of music at Walk Festival Hall in Jackson Hole on Saturday, June 8, 2019, where they will certainly compete when it comes to scholarship reward money in the front of GTMF’s panel of celebrated judges and a real time market.
- Deadline: 1, 2019, 11:59 PM MDT april
This prize is fond of graduating senior high school seniors or first-year university students whom plan to make music a main section of their future life.
- Candidates submit audition CDs or tapes; finalists compete in Clarinda, Iowa; and 3 instrumentalists and 3 vocalists are plumped for to do during the Glenn Miller Festival. Champions receive up to $4,500.
- Deadline: March 1
This scholarship offers money that is prize pupils who compose an essay of 250 terms or less for a music theme.
- Chosen pupils winnings a $1,000 scholarship and music items due to their college music system.
- Public and personal college pupils in grades 4–12 meet the criteria.
- Deadline: 31 december