Demand for Proposals 2020
Females, Arts & Equitable Social Change
Deadline to use: Friday, March 13, 2020, 5 pm EST
The Asian Women Giving Circle (AWGC) believes tradition can play a role that is essential any technique for social modification. We support Asian United states feminine artists and women-led companies in NYC which are utilizing arts and tradition to:
- Bring transformation that is about social prioritizes equity
- Raise understanding and catalyze action around critical problems that affect Asian women that are american girls and families, and
- Highlight and improve women’s role that is central leaders, creators, designers and supervisors of the jobs.
In this more info here cycle that is grant we anticipate awarding specific grants to 5-8 jobs, contingent on available money. The maximum grant quantity is $15,000. For the description of previous task grants, be sure to go to our web site: www. Asianwomengivingcircle.org
TAKE NOTE: beginning this 12 months and continue, AWGC highly encourages person artists to use. We’re doubling down on our dedication to help bold and innovate vision that is artistic all procedures, especially in music, party, drama, literary, performance, artistic and interdisciplinary arts.
Started in 2005, the AWGC is just a collaboration of Asian US ladies in new york that are passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and tradition to bring change that is about progressive. We promote grassroots philanthropy and pool our resources to invest in jobs led by Asian US ladies who utilize their creativity to maneuver hearts, minds and communities become free from fear, bias and injustice.
Whom We Have Been
Created in 2005, the AWGC is just a collective of Asian American ladies in new york that are passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and culture to impact change that is progressive. We have been a donor-advised investment at the Ms. Foundation for females, which distributes our funds entirely at our way.
AWGC funds individual musicians and community teams whose projects donate to progressive social and governmental modification. Since our founding, we now have raised and granted over $1 million to get over 80 tasks.
Our Mission and Goals
We promote grassroots philanthropy and pool resources to fund jobs led by Asian US women that utilize their imagination to maneuver hearts, minds and communities become free from fear, bias and injustice.
Our objectives are to:
- Channel more resources into our communities that are local
- Engage a lot more people to buy innovative jobs by as well as our communities
- Shine a traditional limelight on our experiences and tales
- Improve modern social change
- Enhance the visibility of Asian US ladies doing work that is philanthropic
- This RFP is ready to accept both 501(c)(3) companies and specific designers
- Artists and collectives which are not 501(c)(3)s must use under a financial sponsor this is certainly a 501(c)(3) organization, that they must record on the application given that using organization.
- NOTE: Failure to present 501()( that is c) documents or to supply a financial sponsor with the exact same will immediately disqualify the applying.
- All creative disciplines is going to be considered, including cross-disciplinary work
- Candidates should explain the way they want to determine and determine effect
- Tasks must:
- Integrate the arts within an fundamental way
- Highlight women’s leadership and/or central role
- Display a deep dedication to a certain community in NYC
- Seldom, we are going to help a task that includes impact that is national
- Funds must certanly be placed on projects that are specific cannot support the organization’s ongoing programs, operations, money or endowments
- Candidates may be at any phase inside their professions but should have a history of developed work that demonstrates their capability to accomplish the project that is proposed handle the funds requested
What We Do Not Fund
- Money or endowment campaigns
- Gear purchases
- Help to handle monetary crises or shortfalls
- Solely individual works of creative expression with little or no justice impact that is social
- Documentation this is certainly primarily of social occasions
- Performances or personalities which do not supply a social modification analysis or social justice focus
- Pupil productions or jobs related to a degree system and educational credit
All applications are evaluated by AWGC’s Steering Committee which advances a brief listing of finalists. These finalists are then voted on by all donors who possess added to the grantmaking pool via e-mail ballot. Last grant allocation choices are manufactured because of the Steering Committee and presented to your sponsor that is fiscal Ms. Foundation for ladies. The Ms. Foundation disburses the funds entirely at our way.
Applications may be evaluated because of the AWGC Steering Committee based on:
- The caliber of the task concept in terms of change that is social
- The possible effect regarding the task to alter hearts, minds and communities towards equitable change that is social
- The artist’s or organization’s strong commitment to a specific community in NYC (noting once again that individuals have actually hardly ever funded a task who has scope that is national
- The main part of Asian US women and girls within the project’s conceptual framework, design and execution
- The artist’s or organization’s ability to accomplish the project and make use of the grant funds efficiently
- Notification of Grant Awards should be made by mid-June 2020
- All grantees is supposed to be needed to submit a narrative and economic report at the conclusion associated with the grant 12 months (June 2021)
How to use
This RFP is administered through the funds portal of this Ms. Foundation for females. Applications is going to be accepted ONLY via this online procedure.
Tax-Exempt Reputation Verification
Please offer a copy of one’s organization’s IRS tax-exempt dedication page. In case your tax-exempt status is pending or you are applying under a fiscal sponsor, connect a copy of the fiscal sponsor’s many recent IRS dedication page along side a finalized Memorandum of knowing that establishes sponsorship that is fiscal. Please usually do not connect a duplicate of one’s social protection or tax status that is personal. We could just accept a 501(c)(3) page from your own company or your financial sponsor’s company.
Work Examples and Supplemental Movie Application
Work examples and video that is supplemental are optional but motivated. Your projects test should preferably be a present representation for the project’s proposed activities. ON LINE SAMPLES ARE FAVORED. Mailed examples won’t be came back. Make sure to mark your test with all the title of the company and task.
Appropriate work examples are:
- Url to online movie, CD or DVD (maximum. Three minutes in total); please consist of cue instructions and URL (if sharing online test) in narrative above
- Rough copies or pictures or scanned pictures (maximum of 5)
- Penned materials (max pages that are 10-12 – we’ll NOT browse entire scripts, remedies, books etc.
Work examples could be mailed to your address that is following needs to be gotten by 5 pm EST, Friday, March 13, 2020:
Asian Women Giving Circle
C/o Ms. Foundation for ladies
12 MetroTech Center, 26 th flooring
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Structure for Proposals
Narrative must follow the following structure:
- Type, work with a font that is 12-point and single-space
- Answer all the relevant concerns when you look at the purchase detailed
- 10 pages maximum ( perhaps maybe perhaps not including work sample if appropriate)
- Save in PDF format